AO Tennis Blitz – Hit the Target Competition
Tennis Australia Ltd (ABN 61 006 281 125) trading as Tennis Australia, Melbourne Park, Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
Authorised under permits NSW Permit No. (LTPS/14/06640) ACT Permit No (ACT TP 14/02814), SA Permit No. (T14/1465) and Vic Permit No. (14/4894)
Entrants must be a minimum of 6 years of age as at 1 September 2014 to enter and reside in the Location. Entrants under 18 years of age must have permission to enter the Competition from a parent/guardian to be eligible to enter.
The Competition begins at 9:00am AEST on 1 September 2014 Entries into the Competition close at 5:00pm AEDST 12 December 2014.
"Hit the Target" involves hitting a tennis ball at a target.
During the Competition Period Entrants must:
(a) play "Hit the Target":
(i) at a Community Tennis Day around Australia;
(ii) by uploading a video or photo of themselves playing “Hit the Target” via Twitter and Instagram or Facebook using #HittheTarget;
(iii) using the online game available at tennis.com.au from 10 November 2014;
(iv) at their school;
(v) at their tennis club; or
(vi) at a Win a Wild Card tennis event; and
(b) enter their details in the online registration form located at tennis.com.au.
Only one entry (via the online registration system) is permitted per person, so the same person cannot register more than once. People may however play Hit the Target as many times as they want and can win more than one prize.
The Major Prize draw will take place at 4pm AEDST on Monday 15 December 2014. The major prize draw will take place at Tennis Australia, Melbourne Park, Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000. The winners will be first male and first female drawn at random from all eligible Entrants.
The Instant Prize winners will be selected by random computer generation during the Competition Period.
The prize pool consists of two Major Prizes (with one Major Prize to be awarded to a female Entrant and the other to a male Entrant) and a series of Instant Prizes.
2x Major Prizes, each comprising of a trip for two to the Australian Open Kids Tennis Day on Saturday 17 January 2015. Each Major Prize winner will receive:
Each Major prize is valued at $1,500 (inclusive of GST).
During the Competition Period, Entrants may win the following instant prizes:
Instant Prize winners will still be eligible to win the Major Prizes.
The total prize pool is valued at $74,750 (inc GST)
Major Prize winners will be notified by email and phone by Tuesday 16 December 2014 and advised of how the prize will be delivered.
Instant Prize winners will received written confirmation of their Instant Prize via email within 24 hours.
Winners of the Major Prizes will be published on the Promoter’s website on 17 December 2014
Each winner of an Instant Prize valued at over $500 (inc GST) will be published on the Promoter’s website within 3 days of entrant winning their prize.
The Major Prize/s must be claimed by 4pm AEST on Monday 29 December 2014.
The Instant Prizes must be claimed by 4:00pm on Friday 13 March 2015.
If there are unclaimed Major prizes, an unclaimed prize draw will be conducted on 30 December 2014 at Tennis Australia, Melbourne Park, Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne, Victoria 3000. Any winners of prizes valued at over $500 (inc GST) in the unclaimed prize draw will be published on the Promoter’s Website on 2 January 2015.
The Promoter will contact the prize winners to organise the delivery of the Major Prizes. Major Prizes will be delivered within 28 days of the draw.
The Instant Prizes will be distributed during the Competition via post or email (dependent on the nature of the Instant Prize) within seven days of the Instant Prize winners claiming their Instant Prize. A draw for any unclaimed Instant Prizes from the advertised total pool will take place on 14 March 2015 at Tennis Australia, Melbourne Park, Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two business (2) days of being drawn.
At the end of the Competition all existing claims to Instant Prizes and entitlements will be met notwithstanding the advertised prize pool has been exceeded.
Printing errors or other quality control matters outside the control of individual entrants will not be used as the sole basis for refusing to award an Instant Prize.
1. These terms must be read together with the Schedule for the Competition which defines certain terminology used in these terms and conditions. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms.
2. Entry is only open to persons residing in the Location who comply with the Entry Restrictions (if any). Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of age, identity and residential address, in order to claim a prize. Proof of age, identification and residential address considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Entrants may submit the Maximum number of entries.
3. Officers, contractors, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporates, or of its agencies or contractors involved with this Competition are ineligible to enter.
4. To enter the Competition, entrants must follow the Entry Method during the Competition Period. All entries received after this time are ineligible for entry into the Competition and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for lost, late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries claims or correspondence.
5. This is a game of chance. All eligible entrants will go into the draw. The draw/s (if applicable) will be conducted in accordance with the Draw Details. The Prize will be awarded to a valid entrant or entrants (as applicable) randomly drawn in accordance with the Prize Details.
6. The Promoter’s decision and all matters pertaining to this Competition will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
7. Each Entrant will be asked to nominate an Australian Town or Suburb at the time of entry. Each valid entry will result in 5,000 points being added to the points tally for that Australian Town or Suburb. Entrants are unable to alter their nominated Town/ Suburb during the Competition Period, unless the Promoter agrees otherwise. The Australian Town/Suburb leader board will feature on the tennis.com.au website during the Competition Period. The Promoter reserves the right to reject invalid entries and remove any corresponding points from the Australian Town/Suburb leader board.
8. The prize/s are specified in the Prize Details. The total prize pool is specified in the Total Prize Pool section of the Schedule.
9. The prize/s are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. The prize values are accurate at the date of commencement of the Competition. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a prize after that date. Refunds will not be made in respect to unused services or prizes. Where a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter retains the right to substitute the prize (or part) with a prize (or part) of equal or greater value.
10. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
11. All costs associated with a prize not specifically included in the Prize Details including, but not limited to, any transport costs, transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner (and their companion/s if applicable).
12. If a prize includes tickets to an event, all tickets are valid for the date or period as indicated on the tickets. All event tickets are issued subject to the relevant event ticket conditions of sale and entry. If any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied or postponed for any reason, then at the Promoter’s discretion, the relevant winner (and their companion/s, if applicable) forfeits all rights to attend the relevant event. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any loss or damage suffered in these circumstances.
13. If a prize involves the winner meeting or attending a function with a celebrity or other public figure, the Promoter will not be liable for the failure of the winner (and their companion/s, if applicable) to meet that person or failure of that person to attend the function, for whatever reason.
14. If a prize includes domestic or international travel the prize must be booked and completed as specified by the Promoter. Any flights and accommodation constituting part of a prize are subject to booking and availability. Any tickets, passes or vouchers issued as part of the prize are subject to the prevailing terms and conditions of use. They are only valid for use within the stated duration on the tickets, passes or vouchers issued and are not replaceable if lost, stolen or damaged. The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or re-scheduling of flights and any costs incurred as a result (including without limitation accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
15. The winner (and their companion/s if applicable) will be responsible for meeting all the entry requirements as well as any health or other government requirements for international travel including valid passports, necessary visas, travel authorizations, medical advice and recommended vaccinations and immunisations. Failure to fulfil these requirements may result in the prize being forfeited or any additional costs being incurred at the expense of the winner. The winner (and their companion/s if applicable) agrees to comply with any prevailing terms and conditions of the relevant transport carrier, accommodation provider, service provider, insurance provider and in particular any health, behaviour, age and safety requirements.
16. If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian. The Promoter may, at its discretion, require any person taking any prize to be 18 years of age or over, or if a person is under the age of 18, require that that person be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian while taking the prize.
17. The winner/s will be notified in accordance with the Notification of Winners section of the Schedule and have their full name and state of residence published in the manner set out in the Publication Details.
18. The winner/s must confirm their eligibility and contact the Promoter by the Prize Claim Date and Time. In the event that the winner/s are unable to be contacted, and all methods of communication are unsuccessful, the relevant winner’s entry will deemed to be invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct such further draws on the Unclaimed Prize Draw Date as are necessary to distribute the prize/s, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority. If required by law or any relevant authority, the winner/s will have their name and state of residence published in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Draw Publication Details. If a prize is no longer capable of being redeemed, the new winner/s will receive a prize, as determined by the Promoter, of equivalent value (as if the original prize had been awarded to that person, less any administrative expenses incurred by the Promoter), subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Location if required. If no Unclaimed Prize Draw Date is specified, any unclaimed prize/s will be distributed at the Promoter’s discretion.
20. Each entrant must ensure that any other person whose details have been provided by the entrant to the Promoter for the purposes of the entrant’s participation in this Competition has given their implied or express consent for their details to be provided to the Promoter and any of its related bodies corporate and to be contacted by the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate in relation to this Competition.
21. Where the Competition is communicated on Facebook, entrants and participants in the Competition acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and entrants and participants in the competition release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising from the Competition. Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to discontinue the Competition at any time and at its sole discretion may cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Competition and/or, if necessary, to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes. Any change to or cancellation of this Competition, for whatever reason, is subject to the written direction of all relevant legislative departments in the Location.
23. Without limiting the foregoing, the Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, can be considered objectionable, profane, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory, or any entrant whose entry is not compliant with these terms or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
24. All entries and materials submitted to the Promoter in connection with this Competition becomes the property of the Promoter and each entrant consents to the Promoter using the entrant’s entry, name, likeness, image, voice and/or participation in a prize (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the Competition (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
25. By submitting a photograph or video, entrants warrant that they own the copyright in the photograph or video or are otherwise permitted to submit the photograph or video and that they have all necessary permissions, rights and/or licences covering their use of material included in such photograph or video. Each entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter, and to keep the Promoter fully indemnified, for any loss, cost, expense that may be incurred or sustained by the Promoter as a result of any breach by an entrant of this warranty.
26. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies take no responsibility for the loss of, any damage to or delay in the transit of prize/s due to incorrect or imprecise delivery or contact details provided by an entrant.
27. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods or services offered as prizes.
28. The Promoter is not responsible for losses associated with any change to the value of any prizes.
29. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained to personal property and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangements for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the winner/s and where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winner.